High school students from the Baton Rouge area are invited to participate in the Virtual ACT Prep & College Readiness Academy offered through Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation’s IGNITE Fellowship. IGNITE will host the program September 8 – November 18, 2020. There is no cost to participate. Click HERE to register.
Program details and dates are as follows:
- Orientation – Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 7:00 p.m
- Program Dates – September 8 – November 18, 2020
- Program Hours – 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- ACT Pre-Test – Tuesday, September 8 and Wednesday, September 9
- ACT Post-Test – TBD
- Preparation for the ACT administration to be held on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25
- Platform – Via Zoom and MasteryPrep Virtual Learning Platform
- Closing Ceremony – After official ACT scores are received
UREC’s IGNITE Fellowship is an interactive after-school and summer initiative that prepares high school students to create the jobs of tomorrow through college and career readiness and ACT Prep. The program is an initiative of UREC’s College & Career Ready program.
The IGNITE ACT Prep & College Readiness Academy is offered in partnership with Southern University’s College of Business, the Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation, Louisiana Department of Education, City of Baton Rouge, ReCast Baton Rouge and Dr. James Gilmore Institute for Human Development.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (225) 356-8871.
Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is a nonprofit community development organization. UREC hosts the College and Career Ready Initiative, which is a 21st Century Community Learning Center that provides afterschool and summer learning programs with the support of sponsors. Institutes include the: IGNITE ACT Prep Institute; Pre-Law Institute; Certified Nursing Assistant Institute; and IGNITE Fellowship.