Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation (UREC) is accepting applications for the College & Career Ready Initiative’s Pre-Law Institute. The institute will take place November 28, 2017 through March 14, 2018, Monday through Wednesday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at Southern University Law Center.
The Pre-Law Institute is open to all Baton Rouge High School students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Nov. 15. Parents of interested students can apply for the program here or via the online application below. There is no cost to participate.
During the institute, participants will:
- Study at the highly respected Southern University Law Center
- Meet with a variety of law professionals in the field of law
- Participate in mock criminal trials
- Gain experience with preparing an opening statement, writing a closing argument, introducing evidence, and examining witnesses
- Develop an understanding of the legal and criminal justice system
College and Career Ready is a 21st Century Community Learning Center providing afterschool and summer learning programs through Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation and its sponsors. Future institutes for the 2017-2018 academic year will include the: Emergency Medical Responder Institute; and IGNITE Fellowship & Entrepreneurship Institute with a paid internship.
To learn more, please view the Frequently Asked Questions overview available here. Or, contact Kathryn Robinson, Program Director at (225) 356-8871 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the application below: