(Baton Rouge, LA) – Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the College & Career Ready Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Institute, which is available to Baton Rouge high school students ages 16 and older with a GPA of 2.5 of higher.
The EMR Institute is especially designed for youth interested in health careers as an emergency medical technician, nurse, doctor or similar medical professional. During the institute, participants will:
- Earn an industry-based certification as an Emergency Medical Responder
- Participate in a paid internship
- Train with highly qualified first responders
- Develop life-saving skills in CPR, automated external defibrillation and oxygen administration
- Develop basic life support and trauma skills
- Establish the potential to earn course credit
The EMR Institute will take place April 9, 2018 through June 13, 2018 at Southern University. The deadline to apply is March 24. Applications can be submitted below, or click here to apply.
To learn more, contact Kathryn Robinson, UREC Youth Program Director, at (225) 356-8871 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.