Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation (UREC) is a nonprofit community development organization offering support to working families living in the Baton Rouge metro region. UREC is hiring a Program Manager to oversee our afterschool and summer youth programs serving students in East Baton Rouge and Ascension Parishes. The Program Manager will be responsible for developing innovative, high quality learning options for targeted students in grades 2nd – 12th. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Develops a curriculum based program model that strives to improve student academics, attendance behavior, promotion rates, and graduation rates.
- Manages and evaluates overall program services and activities to ensure they meet the objectives of UREC and program funders.
- Recruits community-based organizations and volunteers to participate in program activities.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of Site Coordinators at two program sites.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations to support students and families.
- Maintain contact with external community and school groups, students’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems and to market/promote the program.
- Develop and maintains public relations to increase the visibility of the after-school programs, services, and activities within the community.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure / Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with project management, collaboration, leadership, and working with multiple partners
- Four year degree required preferably in education, public administration or business management.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with children in a youth development setting. A graduate degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Experience managing grants and/or project budgets.
- Experience interpreting educational policies and Federal/State regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with staff, parents, and children.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
Approximate Salary Range:
$50,000 starting salary
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.