In partnership with Louisiana Delta Service Corps, Urban Restoration Enhancment Corporation is currently recruiting for one (1) AmeriCorps positions with their Volunteer and Community Outreach Program. The Corps Member serve full time for 11 months starting September 1st w.
About the Opportunity
The Corps member will support the redesign of our high school after-school program institutes, which will focus on college and career readiness. View the full job description here.
Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation (UREC) is a non-profit community development organization that serves the Greater Baton Rouge Area with the purpose of Building Today’s Communities for Tomorrow. UREC realizes this purpose by fulfilling its mission— “Transforming communities by investing in people and restoring neighborhoods.”
As Louisiana’s longest-running AmeriCorps program, Louisiana Delta Service Corps offers young leaders one-year opportunities to work with community-based organizations to improve the health and lives of South Louisiana families and children. Through progressive, hands-on training, coaching and mentoring, we prepare people to address the real needs facing communities — poverty, mental health and wellness, education, youth development, environmental preservation — and help to effect true, long-term change.
About the Corps Member Experience
Corps members serve 40 hours a week from September 1, 2017-July 31, 2018 with a community-based organization providing capacity-building activities such as volunteer coordination, program development, social media/technology coordination, and community outreach. Through their partner organization site and through Louisiana Delta Service Corps, corps members enjoy personal and professional development opportunities, workshops, trainings and extensive networking opportunities.
- Living allowance of $14,000 paid on 1st and 15th
- Education award of $5,815 for student loans or future schooling
- Major medical health insurance
- Student loan forbearance
- 10 personal days and 6 Federal holidays
- Child care reimbursement
- Tons of personal and professional development training and networking opportunities
- To apply: Visit ladeltacorps.org to review partner organizations and position descriptions, to learn more about the program, and to download, complete, and submit your application and supplemental materials. Application deadline is June, 30, 2017.
View the full job description here.