Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 College & Career Ready Initiative’s Pre-Law Institute. The institute will take place Monday, November 18, 2019 through Wednesday, April 1, 2020, Mondays through Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Southern University Law Center. The Pre-Law Institute is open to all Baton Rouge High School students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. The application deadline is Monday, Oct. 25. Parents/guardians of interested students can apply for the program here. There is no cost to participate. Participants who meet attendance requirements can earn up to $100.
- During the institute, participants will:
- Study at the highly respected Southern University Law Center
- Meet with a variety of law professionals in the field of law
- Participate in mock criminal trial
- Gain experience with preparing an opening statement, writing a closing argument, introducing evidence, and examining witnesses
- Develop an understanding of the legal and criminal justice system
College & Career Ready is a 21st Century Community Learning Center providing after-school and summer learning programs through Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation and its sponsors. For more information, contact Kathryn Robinson, Program Director, at (225) 356-8871 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.