Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is now accepting interviews for a full-time Program Director opportunity. The Program Director will be responsible for the operational success of Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation’s Youth Programs, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation.
- Establish curriculum that strives to improves student academics, attendance behavior, promotion rates, and graduation rates
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet state objectives and interests of students
- Hire part-time site coordinators and help recruit and negotiate community-based organizations and volunteers for the program
- Provide direct and indirect supervision of Site Coordinators
- Ensure and enforce compliance with organizational policies and procedures for all staff
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations to support students and families
- Maintain contact with external community and school groups, students’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems and to market/promote the program
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of the after-school programs, services, and activities within the community
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure / Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four year degree required. Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or Education preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience working with children in a youth development setting with ages 6-18. Master’s Degree will substitute for two of those years
- Experience with education system and understanding of relationship to clubs
- Experience with project management, collaboration, leadership, and working with multiple partners
- Experience in working with budgets, policies, and Federal/State regulations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with staff, parents, and children
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Good general computer skills including databases, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid driver license
Approximate Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to plant and office environment including occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Learn more about UREC’s mission and work at www.urecbr.com.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Submit an video interview. Visit https://hire.li/f9358b0 to submit the video interview by August 25, 2016, 5:00PM CST.
Step 2: Save your cover letter, resume and writing sample as one (1), single Word or PDF file.
Step 3: Upload the single file containing your cover letter, resume and writing samples. Documents are due at video interview submittal.
Submit all required documents only via upload at https://hire.li/f9358b0.