Baton Rouge – Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the 2023 UREC Academy Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Institute for Baton Rouge area high school students.
The CNA Institute will take place October 29 – December 29, 2023. Classes will take place Tuesday – Thursday from 4PM to 7PM at Med-Advance, 1212 South Acadian Thruway, Suite 110 in Baton Rouge. There is no cost to participate, and trainees earn a stipend upon successful completion of all program requirements.
The CNA Institute is designed for youth who are interested in healthcare careers. Participants who successfully complete the training program and pass the Louisiana state certification exams can become Certified Nursing Assistants.
During the institute, participants will:
- Complete classroom and clinical instruction necessary for certification
- Prepare for employment in long-term care facilities, home health agencies, hospitals and private medical agencies
- Train to take vital signs and develop patient sensitivity skills
- Assist with physical exams and obtain cultures
- Develop communication skills to interact with patients and their families.
About UREC Academy Trailblazers
UREC Academy Trailblazers provides high school students with after school and summer institutes that provide pathways to Industry-Based Credentials, college and career readiness, ACT preparation, and real-world or simulated professional experiences. UREC Academy Trailblazer Institutes include: ACT Prep, Pre-Law, Certified Nursing Assistant, Entrepreneurship, and Technology.