(Baton Rouge, LA) – Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the College & Career Ready Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Institute, which is available to Baton Rouge high school students with a GPA of 2.5 of higher and ages 16 and older. Students should be at least 16 years old by the last day of the institute, which is June 12, 2019, to be eligible for the program. Participants who successfully complete the program will graduate as a certified Emergency Medical Responder! Click here to apply by Friday, March 22, 2019.
The EMR Institute is especially designed for youth interested in health careers as an emergency medical technician, nurse, doctor or a similar medical professional. During the institute, participants will:
- Earn an industry-based certification as an Emergency Medical Responder
- Have a chance to earn a graduate stipend
- Train with highly qualified first responders
- Develop life-saving skills in CPR, automated external defibrillation and oxygen administration
- Develop basic life support and trauma skills
The EMR Institute will take place April 1, 2019 – June 12, 2019 Southern University College of Nursing. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 22.
Click here to apply.
To learn more, contact Kathryn Robinson, UREC Youth Program Director, at (225) 356-8871 ext. 204 or email@example.com.