(Baton Rouge, LA) – Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the 2022 College & Career Ready Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Institute for Baton Rouge area high school students. The CNA Institute will take place April 20 – June 15, 2022. The deadline to apply is April 13, 2022. Click here to apply.
The CNA Institute is designed for youth who are interested in healthcare careers. Participants who successfully complete the training program and pass the Louisiana state certification exams can become Certified Nursing Assistants.
The CNA Institute is available to high school students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher and who are ages 16 and older. Students should be at least 16 years old by the first day of the institute to be eligible for the program. There is no cost to participate.
During the institute, participants will:
- Complete classroom and clinical instruction necessary for certification
- Prepare for employment in long-term care facilities, home health agencies, hospitals and private medical agencies
- Train to take vital signs and develop patient sensitivity skills
- Assist with physical exams and obtain cultures
- Develop communication skills to interact with patients and their families.
UREC’s College & Career Ready initiative is a 21st Century Community Learning Center providing after-school and summer learning programs through Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation and community partners. College & Career Ready programs include the Certified Nursing Assistant, Pre-Law, IGNITE Entrepreneurship and ACT Prep institutes. Community partners for the CNA Institute include: City of Baton Rouge, Louisiana Department of Education, Capital One, Huey & Angelina Wilson Foundation, and ReCast of Greater Baton Rouge. MedAdvance Training will provide training.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (225) 356-8871.