Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation (UREC) is hosting the 2022 College & Career Ready CompTIA IT Training & ACT Prep Institute June 1 – 30, 2022 from 8am to 1pm, Monday through Friday. The ACT Prep Bootcamp component will take place July 1-15, 2022 from 9am to 1pm. The CompTIA IT program is open to Baton Rouge area high school students and is offered in partnership with East Baton Rouge Parish School System’s Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC). Interested applicants can submit an online application.
The CompTIA IT institute is a hands-on, technology-based training that prepares youth for in-demand technology jobs of the present and the future. The CompTIA IT institute will provide:
- 5 weeks of in-person CompTIA IT training
- A 2-week virtual ACT Prep Bootcamp (all participants are required to register for the ACT exam scheduled for July 16, 2022)
- Preparation to earn industry-based CompTIA IT certification
- Leadership development skills
- College and career focused field trips
- Stipends for participants who successfully fulfill all program requirements
There is no cost to participate. Visit here to submit an online application.
The CompTIA IT training is hosted through UREC’s College & Career Ready 21st Century Learning Center. Community partners include East Baton Rouge Parish School System’s Career and Technical Education Center, Huey & Angelina Wilson Foundation, Capital One, City of Baton Rouge, and ReCast of Greater Baton Rouge.